Automated License Generator, Manager and Verifier System for Mobile and Desktop Applications
- l i c m a x ™ is an automated web-based licensing service for mobile and small-device applications. It generates, delivers, manages and verifies license keys, protecting your apps from piracy.
- We make licensing mobile apps readily available for all apps on all platforms sold at all online app stores. Our service can also be used when selling your app on your own, using your own site. licmax™ leverages the concept of Dynamic Licensing facilitated by online app stores.
Sneak peak here...
l i c m a x ™ leverages on the concept of Dynamic Licensing widely adopted and facilitated by online app stores. The online app store issues an HTTP request for a license key to the URL listed for your application at point-of-sale. The licensing server behind the URL responds back with a license key. The online app store and/or the licensing server delivers the key to the buyer of the app via email. Your application instance verifies the validity of the license key according to the type of the key.
Offline License Verification
For applications intended to run on disconnected device, licmax™ generates a hashed digest as the license key. The hash digest is calculated from the customer's device ID, a secret message that you choose and the hash algorithm ( SHA-1, SHA-2, MD5, etc.) that you also choose. This is configured when Adding a Product Instance at licmax™. The application can check at runtime the validity of its license key by running the same algorithm on the same set of parameters as at licmax™. The output can be compared with the one obtained from licmax™. If they match, the license is valid. Otherwise, invalid. See how developers can incorporate this feature in the application.
Online License Verification
The application can verify the validity of the license key by issuing an HTTP request to licmax™. It can verify as often as the designer sees suitable for the product. This is suitable for applications intended to run on connected device. See how developers can incorporate this feature in the application.
Fetch License Key™
l i c m a x ™ provides you with the unique Fetch License Key™ feature. Your customers no longer have to enter the license key manually. Instead, let your application obtain it programmatically. See how developers can incorporate this feature in the application.
Get License Info
At runtime and at any point in time, your application can query licmax™ for detailed info on its license. Say you want to prompt the user of your app a meaningful and personalized message about the expiration of the trial period and want him to buy a permanent copy. The info returned from the get license info request enables you to do that. Returned info include the user name and email, expired or not, its life, dates of activation and expiration, whether it was decommissioned or not, etc. See how developers can incorporate this feature in the application.
Decommission & Recommission License Key
Get to Decommission and later (if need be) Recommission license keys. Once a license key is decommissined, any subsequent online license key verification would always result in "Not Authorized" response. Some app stores have a policy of allowing buyers of apps to return the purchase within a period of time. The app is still on the buyer's device and can continue to run. If you decommission the key, the app would eventually get a "Not Authorized" response on subsequent key varification requests. You can always recommission the key again if you need to.
- Full view of all generated keys. For easy viewing, get to filter by online app store, product, issue date, etc.
- Decommission and Recommission a license key. When a customer buys and returns your application, he retains the copy of your app on the device and can continue to use it for free. If you decommission its license key, the app would eventually get to know its key is invalid. It would then follow your design on how to proceed when its key is invalid. You can always recommission a license key if the situation demands that.
- Transfer license key to another device. If for any reason your customer's device running your app gets damaged and the owner wishes to continue running your app on a new device, you can transfer the license key originally issued for the damaged device to the new device.
Transfer License Key
Some app buyers desire to run the app on a different device other than the one they bought it from. You can easily transfer the key to the other device using the "Transfer License Key" function in the system. Another case whare you need to take advanatge of this feature is when the device used to buy the app gets damaged or lost and the owner replaced it by another device.
License Key Management
You have full control over your generated license keys. licmax™ provides you with the interfaces for the following and more.
The licmax™ Guidance
l i c m a x ™ can help you introduce your product to the marketplace in a controlled and guided manner. You can offer your full-featured product on trial basis and watch your customers convert to pay for it. Choose the license life type that you see suitable for the nature of your product. There is no need to develop two versions of the same product - one feature-poor as the trial version and one full-featured as the real product that generates revenue. Licmax™ allows you to limit the number of times a device can download your trial product.
Online App Stores
l i c m a x ™ can handle requests for license keys from any online app store including your own site. The store sends the request to the URL of the application owner's designation each time it sells a copy of the application. Each store has its own set of parameters and complexities therefore requires special handling. If you use licmax™, you'd be reliefed from the burden of having to specially handle each store requests.